The Summer I survivied...

The summer I survived ...............It has been crazy to say the least. In a nutshell the last 12 weeks consisted of my married couple moving in for a few weeks, having their (my grandbaby)   baby, school ending, moving the couple + baby across country, starting a new job, my nephew passing unexpectedly, and my 2nd in charge getting hitched.

The tidal wave is now ending just as the summer is. School starts in 3 weeks, my job ends in two. We are gathering up the last on our to do list and moving onto a Fall without our 2 eldest living close and the 2nd's living their own married life, only seeing them on Sundays. The 3rd will be a Senior and the sporting a fresh driver's license. My nest is emptying.

The tidal wave of the last few weeks that had me living on caffeine and just trying to cope with moment to moment has fettered into a small wash up on shore. I now can do my hair so it doesn't look like a matted mess and iron my clothes so I look like I have parents. I no longer have bags under my eyes and I can actually complete a whole sentence. I don't have the frantic frown lines anymore but my hair is a bit whiter.  I don't have the need to complete one task just to rush onto another.
I don't have conflict or hurt feelings or a need to drink 2 Monsters a day or go to the Piggly Wiggly and  buy random things just to relax. The stress of the summer is over.

I don't have my two marrieds with child, or my two 2nd in commands. My third is growing up and my fourth is not really little anymore. I will putter around the house this Fall and live on a budget ....again.

I alreay miss summer. Go and  do.  And appreciate what once was and look forward to what will be but MOSTLY love the now, no matter what it looks like.

Comments

Popular Posts