You can always tell...

You can always tell....when I am working. I stop blogging. Not that I don't have a million words running through my head dying to be written down. But it is the I am too tired to be creative. I know, creativity takes freedom, atleast for me. Didn't J.K. Rowlings write over coffee in a pub or something?

It is silly. I had a friend, not silly, come to see me. We had this long conversation about working at an older age and how that looks. Ladies, listen to me, our whole labeling changes after big changes in our lives. I will speak to mamas but I think it is apt to anyone who needs a changes in life. We look back at the label, mine was mother, and somehow it is changing. I am still a mama but less of one. I was these two parts, a mom and a wife. But now I am subdividing myself into other parts. But I don't have the youth or the looks or the pure lack of concern as I divide myself into other things. So the silliness is this. I worked hard at jobs these last few years. Stretching my mind, comfort zone, and energies. They didn't fulfill me. I was slowly becoming a walking dead. (My 16 year old will appreciate that reference.) Then I got a job at a thrift store sorting jewelry. I told my friend who would have guessed a low paying (did I even use the word pay?) job sorting through heaps of donated jewelry. IT is so fun......I told her that is what I want to do for a long while.. IT is part time and fits into my schedule and I like who I work around. That small part of me that divided and said I do not have to be that other person making money and driving for hours to work, I can be simple. And that very essence of simplicity is what made me feel better about life. And it opened up my mind to creating other things. 

So dear reader. Blogging is important to me. So I will make time.
go and do and ignore this rambling post, I have had a few days off.

Comments

Popular Posts