Prayer-ing

I sat at the table watching my two youngest gobble down pancakes as Daddy flips new ones  on the griddle and the dialogue is a happy one for an early school morning. My heart swells in happiness as this is one of those moments that make all the chaos and loss of personal freedom/material worth every bit of anything I might have given up! I found myself sending up a gratitude prayer for my life and that got me thinking of our family prayers. There is something magic when we all kneel, as a family, and give gratitude. I love when my littlies ask for gifts for others. "Please help Layne get a job", please help "the Haps get to where they want to go", "please help my siblings do well in school today."....magic. The Captain of our home started asking the children to thank Father for their momma. (that's me!!) And now I hear "thank you for our mom who works hard and serves us and loves us." That line right there has the ability to make me soar! My heart is touched when I hear the prayers of my children asking for comfort to those in Japan. Or the request that Haiti will be protected and have their needs met. I am satisfied in their sense of gratitude for a home, goodly parents (yes, I plugged that one) friends, and good food to eat. They are in remembrance of those who have served our family. My own prayers tend to gratitude, pleading, and happiness for many things including children, husband, needing a job, a thought towards my friends, and spell check!!!! Next time you feel the need to send up a little gratitude remember to thank Father for who you are and what you have but also include a titch of gratitude for the magical moments over pancakes.

Comments

Popular Posts