Hatin' Is For Losers…..

Hatin' is for losers….that is the mantra I keep repeating to myself so that I don't go postal on some of those who have CHOSEN to hurt some of my surrounding people. I want to love. I want to follow John and Yoko's advice and give love a chance! I really do. Yes indeedy, I do.
Yet, sometimes PEOPLE make that difficult.

I woke up this morning with a particular problem in mind that has effected one that I love. The visual of that problem would make anyone cry. I would go into detail but I live in a community that could easily point fingers and I want the spread the loving not the hat in'. This marauding of thoughts was a step way to another person who "done wrong" to one of my own. Single handily decimated a important part of my littlies life by a mere chat. People. Lord love 'em. 

I so want to hate. Really. Hate fills that need when we cannot or will not go into action on behalf of ourselves or others. Hatin' fills that gap that is left behind when we become so civil that we are prevented from saying what is really in our heart. Hating fills up that need when others just "don't get it" ! Hating allows one to get or find a sledgehammer and …………………………well I digress. Hating is for losers.

The object of Forgiveness is for us, the victim, not the aggressor. There are days we face small forgivenesses and other days we must face big, overwhelming, life changing, cookie eating forgivenesses. The aggressor, often not repentant, will always have the choice to feel sad or make life changes or decide to stay the same and justify their actions to sate themselves. But forgiveness will always, always comfort the victim. 

Keep in mind, that there are ALWAYS consequences of some kind. Forgiveness isn't about taking away truth or taking away consequences. It is about deciding not to blast on a blog about how crappy some people can treat others, it about deciding not to let hurtful words and actions dictate life, it is about filling holes with Oreo cookies for a day or so then moving on. Like Yoko/John said laying in their NY apartment bed, "Peace man and give love a chance." 

So today as the day started out on the wrong side of the bed, I want you to step on the other side of that proverbial bed and "give love a chance." go and do………..if you do I will.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Very well said River! My name is Angela. I am from San Diego. I have sent a message to your Facebook. If you go to messages and choose the "other" option you will find my message. I'll look forward to possibly hearing from you. Take care
Steve Coss said…
Angela, please contact me via phone. Thank you!

Popular Posts