Tough It Out....

Tough it out.....life that is. Man, it seems as if everyone I know has some kind of really big problem they are facing. It's as if  (what we say in our abode) black voodoo has encompassed the lives of everybody. My life is no exception.

We are going on an adventure. My profile picture really needs to be updated...this is going to make sense in a minute, hold on. My pic is about 14 years old. This picture of a red headed writer was when the baby of the family was in kindergarten and I had all of my Littlies at home. Now my baby is near graduating high school and I am a grandmother called Happy. So despite my white hair and granny status, we are going on an adventure. (See how that I came full circle?)

Trouble is, my house has a tight seal on it that apparently won't allow anyone to buy it!!! Backing up, we have decided to move CLEAR across country. And I literally mean that. So we put our house together, made it BEAUTIFUL and set up the for sale sign. Prince Charming starts applying for jobs over yonder. We hired the wrong realtor who priced our home by square footage not by what homes are going for , really doing it as a hobby, and our neighbors are hoarders and the high price of housing in my hood has not deterred them one bit of having a metal storage (train) crate in their drive way, a make shift dog run in their back yard complete with barking dogs and chaos oozing out of every corner. We lost a lot of buyers who don't want to pay above average for a home with that sort of stuff going on. So as we saw several homes go up for sale and the occupants move on to other destinations, we sat hopeful. Then we got an offer! Things were going smoothly and we were packing up a house to pioneer it to the promised land....of which we chose. They held on to the contract right up until they legally could then broke it due to something...voodoo. Then another person put in her bid and went under contract contingent on her house selling, it didn't. Again, voodoo of the tenth degree. Now we have an offer on the table BUT it has contingencies as well. We have been whipped enough, metaphorically speaking. We signed the papers without fanfare or expectations. We will see if the 3rd time is the charm. Otherwise, any one need to rent? LOL

Prince Charming wasn't doing so great in the job department either. Over qualified. Too low of pay. It is as if we are feasting at Voodoo Donuts every day. (Shout out to Washington and their donuts shop!)

I am lamenting about my life to you even though I am fully
aware your life has hardships as well. It is what I know about life that I bring this sad tale to your eyes for consumption.
Those who want adventures and those who venture onto new
paths ALWAYS hit brick walls. It is the nature of change. Nothing good comes easily or quickly. Nature has set it out like that! The heart aches, the stress, the pain, the pure agony of some of our trials are all because if life was easy, we would be half of the person we are now. (And let's not forget if it was easy, everyone would have the same life!) It is those barriers or voodoo that makes us a better human being. I always tell my grown up Littlies that it is never the mistakes you make ever, it is how you handle them.

I have to take my own advice and even though I wake up early every morning stressing about some very big brick walls, I know this will pass and I will have an adventure. I know that I can weather these storms some how.

Until then, I will munch on as many voodoo doughnuts has I can!!! Chocolate is the salve of life! Enjoy!


Comments

Popular Posts