Last Chickadee....

Last chickadee....my little Littlie is leaving the nest soon. She just hit her 18th birthday and is setting up for "Adulthood". Yes I have already told her, as her siblings before ,that adulthood entails paying your own way in life. But it is the first step, that once allusive 18th year. Once it comes, as it has with all my Chiclets, it brings the feeling that childhood is to be tucked away for the freedoms of grown up life. Unfortunately, in life, we can choose our actions but not consequences. Adulthood brings both the free agency of choice and the overwhelming pressure of consequence.

I have a few more months with her. I am torn between giving her the freedom and encouragement to start on her journey and wanting to pull her back into the safety of our lives. I know as a Mama Bear that my job is to help create good productive citizens that contribute to the flow of life. My job is not to hide them from the world or hold them back to cling unto me. (That reality sucks by the way!) But by saying a limited goodbye to my last little baby is also saying adieu to the mother I have had to be for the last 26 years of children. 

This particular child is one that is cut from my same cloth. I get her and she gets me! We have a way of moving about in the home together on the same wave length if you will. She was the perfect "last" human that I (along with Prince Charming) and when the day comes to load her on that plane to go to her start destination.....I will lose it in a vat of ice cream and Redbull. 

Piggly Wiggly look out as I am about to drop some serious cash on sugar!

Go and D. 




Comments

Popular Posts