Responsibility of oneself

So, I am a mother who looks quite ragged at times. The roots of my not so great coifed hair show and sometimes I glance in the mirror and think, ah I look like my mother. (No offense mom!) I drive a paid off van that I am sure, if you look remotely hard, you will find some source of nourishment if you are into year old McD's fries. My thighs are such that, in Donner Party time, I would be the main meal and perhaps sustain a beleaguered party of 6 for atleast a few days. My clothes come close the being almost fashionable.
But, forgetting the chickens and the Ford Flex, I live the life I love. My sweet girls often say "Mom you shouldn't give that up for us" or "do something for yourself." (Keep in mind, I am not a martyr…………………most of the time.)  My reply to them is this "I am where I am at because I have chosen this life." I look back at all the choices I have made and every step lead me here to this wonderful delicious life. Is it hard? Oh without a doubt! Are there times that bed and a book and a locked door call to me without shame or guilt-definitely! Do I have days that I wonder if I just concentrate could I push my spirit forward leaving this root infested, thick thighed body behind! Ofcourse. But more then anything I recognize that the place I am in is the place I wanted to be at. It is my own place in life and it is unique only unto me. So, I choose to celebrate more then commiserate. I choose to be grateful that my life lead me here.
I choose not to dwell but be happy. And I choose to replace negative with responsibility. I am here because I chose to be here. MAKE IT WORK FOR YOU!  GO AND DO!

Comments

Popular Posts