Tantrums…me

So, my galpal Merri and I go to the temple for some inspirations about life. We encountered a few bumps, coughing fits, etc but we finally ended up in the Celestial Room sitting quietly in an almost empty room. This is when, in my mind, I start throwing the biggest leg kicking, arm thrashing, screaming, sissy girl tantrum!  I am thinking loud enough for all the heavens to hear "WHY lord? Can't this one trial be over? What in the double toothpicks is going on? Why me, haven't I been good? Didn't I do (this is where my do good list was made in succinct order!) this and this? For the love of all that is good, let this be done! I know someone who deserves this more then I do! (smirk….okay NOT nice!-clearly haven't learned enough lessons.)

None of that worked. So, like any good child, I change tactics. "Lord, if this doesn't change soon I am going to………". "Do you KNOW what I am going through?" (Okay, by now I knew that I was on the losing end of the deal and if I had any sort of chance of winning my argument, it was looong gone!)

So, I changed tactics once again. "Father, I am going to open the scriptures randomly. Whatever I open it too is the message I am to receive so you may want to make it good for my human tantrum self." I look at my friend who is quiet supplication and filled with peace and I am now ready to hear the words that will change my life for the better and bring the spirit back to me! So I gingerly (abit of hope too) open up the scriptures. I look to the heavens knowing that THIS is my answer and revelations to how I am to go on…………I peek down and read JOB……..oh boy that can't be good. (But then I think maybe it means job as in work, which we need, not Job as in plagued with trials.) Then I see the chapter 23. Okay, this could be good-a job in 23 months-almost there!  So I read the sentence that is glaring out at me….here it goes, my revelation-"HE says: When the Lord has tried me, I shall come forth as gold." Oh. so. good. There is my answer. Father wants me to be more then I am. Be bigger in spirit and that this trial  of no consistent work is part of the molding me into gold, making me better! Okay, I can do that! Yeah!
Maybe I was silly putty before or bendable and he is trying to make me strong and unmovable. (Where have you heard that before? Young Womens maybe?) Strong and unmovable like gold. Okay,  I give, Father DOES know more then me……which is good…….he is better at it….if I would just remember that I would be alot better off! Go and Do!

Comments

Popular Posts