2 Feet Rule -2nd post today

In carpool today my cub-bear (11 yr old son) said "Why do we have to have Health Class?" " It's stupid really. Why, would someone please tell me, WHY do we have to have it?" I respond with the traditional mommy lecture of, well, because it teaches us how to be healthy maybe (peppered with sweet sarcasm) or how to take care of our BODIES. Steve surmises it lightening quick with "It's our owner's manual." This lead to a discussion of the topic of always wanting something different or more.  I , over my omelet, said to Steve that I love that I have as many readers as I do, all 4 of you, BUT (there is that but.....) that I would like to just have 15 more readers to meet a silly goal I have set for myself. Steve reminded me of one-out of many- cutey-pie brother who had a boat once upon a time. It was a nice boat. A big boat. A sweet boat. One day he brought up that he was looking for a new sailing vessel to buy. When asked why, as the one he had was already great, he had answered that he wanted to purchas a bigger one! When asked how much bigger, his reply was 2 feet. Laughing with him, we inquired 2 feet? He looked at us with his deadpan eyes and said,"It's the two foot rule. EVERYONE always wants 2 feet more." Isn't that the truth? We achieve our goals or have a life we like but there, hanging over us like a fly buzzing around refusing to go away, is the need for 2 feet more. We lost weight but want to lose 5 more lbs, we work but want to get just a little bit more pay, we shop and come home wishing we had bought that one item we left behind, we mother but wish we could do just a little better, we could have Math instead of Health..........2 feet rule.
Today I have decided that I am not going to adhere to the 2 Feet Rule. Mine is only going to be a One Foot Rule......I want BUT not as much as 2 feet. Go and Do.

Comments

Popular Posts