I don't write on the weekends

I don't write on the weekends, life is too busy. But I thought I might share my frantic day and how it helped me to reconnect with what is important. My dear friend called this morning barely able to speak. "I need to go to the hospital, can you take me?" I of course was in bed for the late saturday sleep-in. (9:oo a.m. being sleeping in!) When Steve yelled up to me to run over to my friends house as there was an emergency! I immediately threw on tennis shoes but coiffed nothing and certainly did not brush anything. (teeth included!) I ran as fast as my hips would carry me across the icy road with my mind all a flutter as to what the emergency is and what am I going to find? Her children met me at the door and their fairly large dog also greeted me with a leap onto my back. Friendly little canine. I found my friend on the floor unable to move. I was afraid for her as she was for herself. We got her downstairs but then Steve had to carry her to the van as she was so overcome by dizziness and aches. By now my daughters had run over to help me to assist her to the front door but that was as far as she could go. Steve had to carry her out to the van. On the way to the hospital we were able to shoot questions to her trying to get her to not focus on her pain and hoping to asses the problem. We were able to comfort her while the doctor / nurses cared for her. As it is most times when we  women have emergencies, her cute hubby was with the scouts camping miles away. He showed up as soon as he could looking as if he had slept out in the cold with scouts and smelling of campfire. He looked cool and calm but you could pick up the nuiances of his concern. He bantered with me as he usually does, the mouthy older brother thing! Funny. I finally had to respond to all his goating....."well, you know, you stink like campfire".  She was cared for and able to come home the same day but the ordeal drained me. And it reminded me how appreciative I am of people in my life. I know this isn't really amusing or well written or spelled right. (spell check down.) But I just wanted a shout out to all those I love. I have gratitude that I was able to be a comforter today. I am glad my friend is home and that I get to call her friend. Have a good sabbath and we'll talk on Monday. Go and do.

Comments

Popular Posts