My Bucket List

I am perusing through Netflix trying to find a 'family' type movie when up pops a new release "My girlfriend's boyfriend." I am endeared to this movie and I will tell you why. It was on my unwritten bucket list to be in the movies. I did some of my growing up near L.A. (Orange County.) I had friends who did work on the movies as extras. I had seen a few celebs and also witness a few days of "shooting". (Such show biz talk, right?) I have had a few brushes with fame like when I wrote and acted in a "One woman show" for my local church group that came off like a one-woman-show-for-a-church-group. I wrote the Great American Novel for 3 years only to have a family member unintentionally erase it ALL. (That was 2 days in bed and a unaccountable amount of redbulls, not going to lie.) I submitted a children's book to a family friend who is a local editor and didn't receive even an acknowledgement. I don't look at these as failures because I at least DID these things. I can say, whether successfully or not, I accomplished things that I took interest in. The Bible doesn't say that we are condemned for not having successful talents, just condemned if we don't use our talents and work on new ones. So whether you , after trying your best, have failed  at jobs,sewing, painting, gardening, marriages, art, acting, relationships, music, writing, dancing, etc, I would hope you give yourself kudos for TRYING. Now back to the movie. 2 summers ago I was fortunate that two of my friends acquired a job for me on a movie set as one of the set dresser and all around gopher. That movie was 'My Girlfriend's Boyfriend.' I watch this cute little movie and can't stop thinking about where I was when that scene was shot or seeing my 2 second  blurry on screen shot in the singing-bar-scene. And I will sheepishly admit to never getting tired of seeing my name in the credits. But it is more then that. It is a adventure that I had and it just so happened that it rewarded me with my name in lights! (Okay, you have to look fast as the credits roll BUT if you freeze frame then .............) I had my own home loan processing company, employee of one.  I staged homes for a realtor friend for a bit. I am an accomplished mom most of the time. I can be a great wife when I try. I am many things and many things am I. I am glad that I try things that I want to do without apology even more so now then when I was younger. I love that I can look at things not as success or failure but that I tried things and then decided if it was what I wanted OR if I had any talent in that . Be an adventurer and make your bucket list! Try, without the thought of failure or success, try because you want to be able to say you did it!!! Go and Do.  Oh, and watch the movie and slow-mo through the credits! Do for me!

Comments

Popular Posts