Sick and tired

I have been worshipping the round bowl for two days. No, not the ice cream bowl but the one you only sit at its feet when you feel like death and dying. I have been singing praises to the one who invented Kleenex and Thera-flu and library books. (No tune really-just whisperings of gratitude with a lilting note or two.) It came on Saturday slowly. A feeling of queasiness started midday and crescendo to full blown melt down of sickness by the very mid-evening of Saturday. The children, for the last two days, come in at intervals to sit with me, touch my forehead, give comforting sentences that let me know they care. Steve maintains hearth and home and was kind to bring warm herb tea, quick back rubs (quick as not to get "germs") and maintained the 48 hour watch on the use of hand washing. My dear friend Mcf  brought a ray of sunshine in the form of a carmel apple and a kind note of friendship to my door. And a happy moment of bliss when the Fed Ex man came with an unexpected present from my sister. My very in tune friend Mick calls today leaving a message "Riv, my heart is telling me you need me!" (We must have been separated at birth.)Sleeping on and off with no responsibilities leave me to enjoy the small moments of love that is shown to me. Instead of these things being mixed up the chaos of the day and intermingling with the many responsibilities one has as an adult, I was able to fully focus only on those small gifts of love. I hope I can always focus on the kindness shown me BUT without the aide of the porcelain bowl. Go and do.

Comments

Popular Posts