Valentines and Me

I was starting a "temp" job on Monday and didn't sleep well Sunday night. I was anxious actually on how the house and the zillion carpools would work out in my absence. (Yes, Steve is capable completely but the male gender often isn't as uptight as the mommies of the world.) Early morning came and I went into work mode of showering, hair, etc leaving the early morning chaos to "fend for itself" sort of speak. And then it hit me! Today is Valentines, I had thought, and I did nothing! It is our own parent tradition to  leave small gifts on the table (the night before) on every holiday. This is so when the children wake up, whatever their schedule, they spy a festive table with something special for them. I was blow drying my hair and mentally running down the list for Steve to do in my absence and at the very top of that list was run get something for the table so when the children got home from school then at least there would be a little celebration, late as it would be. I am telling Maya to get socks, locating Sam's pants, smearing on lip gloss on, making sure everyone has brushed teeth all the while shouting to Olivia to hurry up and have breakfast as I am walking down stairs kicking remnants of things out of my way. When there it is!!!! The table is magnificent! Each child had a small chocolate heart with a card done in calligraphy. Each card had a very individual note that spoke about how special they were! In the center of the table was a large heart containing a myriad of chocolates and on top sat a beautiful white mixing bowl with dirt and tulips. (With their bulbs I might add so I can plant them in my flower patch when their blooms become deceased.) Steve had done it!! He had waited up until 2:oo that morning (as not to break the sabbath) and went and put this all together! It was beautiful. As I empty the heart full of chocolates my real heart is full! Hope you had a great Valentines as well!

Comments

Popular Posts