Whatever!

Am I the only one that cannot stand the words "whatever"? What they, as in those who use this tidy little saying, are really conveying is "I don't want to hear it". "Whatever" is another means of saying I am going to dismiss you and those eloquent words that have just poured from your mouth but in the same breath I will let you know I don't care! This little sentence can be used in two-words, i.e. "Whaaat Ever", or one word "whatever". Yet it still means the same thing....you are dismissed and take any of those nagging, disturbing, I-don't-want-to-hear-it words with you! When my teens try to use it, I want to hit the ceiling. (Figuratively not literally.) When my siblings use it I  have to respond in a not so becoming way as in "WHAT does THAT mean, whatever?" And when my husband tries it..............forget about it! I will have to confess that I have used those two little words, note I use it in the two word way. (WHAT ever.) It is when I am being told by my teen that despite my 20 something years of driving, I am doing it wrong. Or when I am told by my husband how to do something that instructions are not needed nor have ever been needed. Or when my dad has a new multi-level scheme that will make me lots of money. (what evER.) So, next time you are tempted to use the words , think about how you mean it. Go and Do or whatever.

Comments

Popular Posts