Working Intelligence

I crept out of my house a few weeks ago to partake in the "Temporary Workforce." My main occupation is mommy hood but it doesn't pay as well these days. So off to work I went. I noticed after a few days of overhearing office chatter and interacting with strangers in the lunchroom, I was becoming more intelligent! Words like "turn IT off" and "hurry scurry" were replaced with "serendipitous" and "bridging technology" and "time cards"! I was becoming smarter. It was a miracle. Working people would saunter up to me and these conversational words flew from out of my mouth like honey! I  gave the appearance of having multiple degrees and seem ill used as a temp. I conjectured and participled my way thru the days.  I had, quite by accident, tapped into an  intelligence long buried. What was so fantastic is my hair seem to sense the need  to look professional and was easily coiffed and refined every morning. My whole being had risen to the occasion of "frump without a life" (yes that is from a movie) to intelligent being extraordinaire!
Yesterday was my last day. The mangled mess of hair has returned. Bags under my eyes. Words stunted before they actually reach my mouth. I am a mommy again. It is now back to micro managing a staff of 6, working within the parameter of a set budget, and extolling benefits based on time with my company. I am the CEO of this family and I will just say it is better then any temp job out there!

Comments

Popular Posts