Aging fast

Do you ever feel that tangible connection that you have with your extended family relations? Sometimes the energy pulses in the room with invisible strings that pull you toward each other. Sometimes you bask in the glow and sometimes you want to take a machete to it. Take last night....please. (Old joke) My dear little brother who towers over me like a tree, BUT know that I can still take him down, took away a whole year off of my life by having a birthday. His being-born-day is today and he informed me of his age which serendipity is my age! That can't be right and so after much calculation and arguing  with my siblings and a bit of crying (okay no crying in the truest sense) I realized that I am indeed a year older, thus, taking a year away from me and my life!! Family. Can't live without them, can't pinch them. Well, at least you shouldn't. So, now I enter Monday with a heavy work schedule, the desire to have the power of purchase, lacking any real creativity and a year older without the celebration, balloons, cake, or pointy hat! Welcome to Monday. Now go and do and embrace your life whether your 2o or 1oo!

Comments

Popular Posts