Because…Retired G-pa and a tire

I have a sign I bought at a local charity garage sale and it reads "Because Nice Matters." This world struggles sometimes with doling out kindness. I have seen young women as well as old not even give the time-of-day to the kind GENTLEMAN who opened the door for them. Part of the cloak over the mud puddles in olden times is  that the fair maiden gushes with gratitude. I have had receptionist who I say good morning to and if I get a glance then I count lucky stars. Yet every morning I still greet the unhappy gal and one day my happy sunshine will rub off! Today Steve saw an old man struggling with putting on a tire. He went over and offered help as this poor granddad looked exhausted. While Steve is helping him finish the tire , gramps tells us that he is a 92 year old !!!! He said that he was so worn out that he was just praying that someone would stop to help him as that last lug nut was requiring the strength he just didn't have! Imagine if we didn't stop to help!!!! 92 year old changing a tire and hoping against hope for help. Kindness is our chance to be Angels here in this world we reside in. I have been the recipient of amazing kindness myself! My neighbor is a baker and boy I love her kindness! I have been the recipient of those giving up of seats, opening doors, compliments,  etc  and I must say "Kindness does matter!" It matters to my life that I can give kindness and receive it! It dismisses all the garbage we see on the news and read in the newspaper or Internet. It does matter…….go and do.

Comments

Rivmama said…
Who doesn't love the Coltons?

Popular Posts