Laundry

I remember a time where laundry was my favorite thing to do. To pull out the little pink or blue onesis with the baby smell still  attached. Matching tiny Barbie panties to the little girls they belong too. Pulling out Spider Man pj's that my little man wore every night without fail. Pairing pure white socks with fringed lace on them. Little denim jeans with grass stains and holes from playing in the park.  I would oft times hug those little pieces of clothing that were associated with my littlies and inhale the smell of laundry soap mingle with their own special smell.  Now laundry isn't so fun. It is high fashion shirts I don't really like, jeans that were bought with holes already in them, dark colors, clothing that remind me that I no longer have a wee little family but a growing family. My cubby boy (who is almost 12 yrs old) announced yesterday (this is the day I have been dreading) that "yes, indeed, I do like the ladies." Suddenly my kisses that were craved up until now are wiped off with a hand and an exasperated sigh of "that was yucky mom." My fashion sense that was once the only fashion in the house, now is almost non existent. Apparently overkill on make up and bling bling is in right now and I just don't "get it." Yes, I use to love doing laundry. Use too being the operative word.

Comments

Popular Posts