Loving Life

Have you ever noticed that when you indulge or emerge yourself in something you love then what you are doing isn't really considered work? But if it is not that passionate endeavor then it is not only work but wearing on brain cells, mental health, and soul. I have re-entered the Temp Work Force that has almost killed me today. It is 6:3o p.m. and I have already enjoyed my dinner, a tepid bath, a chapter from a novel, and now am clad in psychedelic p.j.'s blogging and contemplating bed. The sun is just now mulling over setting for the evening and I feel ancient. Last week I got to do something that is a passion of mine. I worked to re-do a non-profit school. I spent hours running here and there, gathering stuff, paint chipping, buying, budgeting, etc, etc, fun, fun, fun. It didn't matter how my day was and there were days where I had over 20 phone calls regarding a funeral, the school, etc. But I was revitalized! Off Redbulls! Off Library books! On the go. Action. Doing. Woofing down a .99 cent burger from the "Del" as I maneuvered the van mobile in and out of traffic with ease as well as making mental list for each of the two major events of the week while lecturing the arguing children in the back about how great life is when you put your mind too it. Life was invigorating! Today, I am back to being a lowly temp. I am already ready for bed. I am too tired to think, act, talk, or write. I have been dumbed down by temping. What's next, Bingo? Go and Do. I am going to bed. After all it is almost 7:oo and I have work tomorrow!

Comments

Popular Posts