Shakespeare Insult

I have found comfort in receiving "Shakespearean Insults" on my i-google. Today it was "drop into the rotten mouth of death." Makes me chuckle. Only because there are people that you truly want to hurl every obscene conjecture avalanche of words toward them without a hint of remorse. But you don't. Due to the fact you are a civilized person and your mother taught you better. But sometimes you want to throw caution to the wind and say what you really want to civilized manners be darned. For example, a nutcase in my area of living has spread some truly vicious rumors that have no merit. So I invited a dear friend's male heir to come watch a late movie with us when his parents were out of town. This nutter mused and accused us of having him stay at our house with our girls insinuating heaven knows what!!! All she saw was him getting in our car at 8:oo p.m. wearing pj bottoms and a sweat shirt. Really too bad she didn't see him come home at 11:oo p.m. that night! ("thou lumpish dismal dreaming mammet!" William's own words!) Oh how I wish I would be so eloquent such as that man was. I could have hurled "get thee to a nunnery" wench. Okay wench was my own word not Shakespeare's! OR "you un-muzzled fly bitten minnow!" Wow that would have put her in her place.  Or "thou cockered hell-hated flap dragon!" Priceless. I imagined this particular mental patient (least I think she is) as walking by and I hurl "thou art like a toad ugly and venoumous." But alas, I am not schooled in the art of Shakespeare so I am left with the art of blogging and the manners that my mother taught me still intact.  I comfort myself that in reality I don't really want to be able to hurl insults to people  that really don't matter to me because that isn't where I want my life's energy to go. But I am tempted to think that I could be that clever and forthright and unnervy and hurl away "may your lips rot off!". But then again I delude myself. I am civilized as are you. So have some chocolates and keep thy lips zipped. (that was from River!)

Comments

Popular Posts