Changes

It's funny how those in my Circle of Love have been grappling with changes. Whether it be putting up boundaries, changing attitudes, deciding what they have put up for a long while no longer has currency, or just plain wanting to redefine who they are. It is a constant journey of change as humans or humanoids-which ever you are. (LOL) (I promise, if I remember, never to bring in texting talk again.) Any who, back to changes. I have decided that my style has been "mommy wear" for more years then I care to count. I have grown weary. But I think the thing that has always brought me down after the "change" of work-retail-drycleanonly-clothes to mommy-vangoanywhere attire is cost. I have realized that I want champagne taste clothes and the only way I am going to get it in my life as we know it right now is to sell a kidney to the highest bidder and hope that some weight loss will follow it! So, I settle. Um, sounds like alot of women, right? We settle. We care give and give up. We cow girl up with a smile. We give away our time, talents, boundaries, beliefs, hopes, dreams. BUT FEAR NOT peeps. We also get back! I may sport mommy wear but I get to be a mommy. I may give away time but I get friendships. I may cow girl up but it is better then  being a winy gal who comes under duress when the small  every day life happens. And setting boundaries, that is a whole other day of discussion. But let us just say it is okay for me to buy a expensive shirt from Ann Taylor just as it is okay for you to set boundaries. Today is the day I commit to buying myself something really decadent.....okay not until a payday comes and probably on clearance but I WILL buy something not mommy wear. You decide to do something you have been wanting to do! It's okay. I give you permission! Go and do.

Comments

Popular Posts