Funeral and Funeral Potatoes

Okay, so I live in a place where there is actually a thing called Funeral Potatoes! They are actually cellulite on a spoon but once your taste buds sample these heart stopping casseroles, you don't care what they do to you.  (They are a mixture of shredded potatoes, cheese, sour cream, mushroom soup and perhaps some onions then baked at 350* until creamy and delicious!) You have the option to eat  it or just slap onto your thighs directly. I prefer the prior. So all this talk is reminding me of the last few days. My sis gets my Chiclets if Steve and I pass to the other side. She made some remark about our graves not realizing that we have prompted our wee ones on the things we want if we do indeed "give up the ghost". I prefer real flowers to plastic and if I pass at an age still thought of as young, I would like a bench. (Oh heck, it doesn't matter what age, I want a bench.) But I want a bench with something clever and fanciful such as "River ran out" or "She was a pain in the bu-ta but I loved her anyway" or just maybe "NOW..... I can  finally get a word in edgewise." I also have requested of my children that perhaps they could contemplate an "all that jazz" kind of send-off. I want it a fun and party atmosphere. But what is true to my religion is that at funerals there are often paper plates and plastic silverware! Oh no no Jeanetta! There will be no throw away utensils at my send off! There can be a little dishwashing after the life I have lived! And by the way, could someone make a run to Ikea for their wonderful large napkins that are simply put.....amazing? So this morning on the way to school, Maya who is 9 right now, and I are driving past the cemetery and I start the list of what I would require once dead and I pause to ask if she will do these things for me? The reply, "Well yes I would love to mother I just don't know where I will be though." Out of the mouth of babes. Maybe I just better settle for the plastic flowers and maybe a little dollar pinwheel thrown in! Go and do!

Comments

Popular Posts