Normal Day

Finally the type of normal day I love. The windows are open and a slight breeze moves the curtains back and forth. I can hear my boys out side playing basketball. I know by the thump on the cement as the ball strikes at it and the shouts at a good throw. The stew meat is sizzling in a blanket of flour as the sound of my chopping veggies on the cutting board echoes through the house. I have donned the beautiful apron Olivia made just for me! I love seeing the bright orange carrots floating in a pool of beef stock along encompassed by bright green basil leaves. The color makes me feel homey. I am playing my favorites "old time jazz". Music my father would have listened too as a young wipper-snapper! There is something therapeutic about preparing a feast for those you love. It's just like Thanksgiving. My sweet sister is in town and has taken the girls for some real "girl" time meaning manni's. (Manicures.) I feel whole today. I love those days. Where you are where you are suppose to be, in an apron chopping veggies for stew to be shared with those you love.
Ummmm, finally, I am back! Go and Do.

Comments

Popular Posts