May the Angels..

had the not so often opportunity to take my little Maya (age 9) to school, just the two of us in our Van-go. There were  ofcourse lengthy discussions about life as only a third grader sees it. Observations were made and my brilliant freckled face girl had some insightful comments about things she saw and had opinions on. We arrived at school and as is her habit she shuts the car door (yes, you heard right, actual shutting was involved…no electronic du-dad buttons for us!! K, the Van-go is paid for so what's a girl to do?) But I regress. As her habit, she shuts the door and flashes the ASL sign for "I love you" and then trots off to start her very busy day as a Third Grader must. I whispered "May the Angels keep you." I realized that this is a mantra that I offer up, either silently or aloud, whenever one of my dears leave my presence. The days where drop-offs are rushed and unruly or smooth and calm. When they leave on dates, social engagements, volunteer jobs, or just out to play. "May the Angels keep you" whispered by a mother whose only goal in life is to give love to four wonderful people and hope for some of that love to come back. It does, let me assure you. It is done when Olivia says "Mom, do you have time just to talk to me?" Or when Sam spends his precious pocket money on my favorite drink ALONG with a treat with DARK chocolate. Or when Madison brings home a special ring bought for me at Disneyland that flashes bling-bling! Or the flashing of "I love you" by the littlest of our clan. May the Angels keep you. Their father set the example of love for me. They secretly tell me how he is mindful of me and my life. Liv told me he was buying a flower plant for me and scoured the available flowers for "just the perfect one" as "your mom" needs the best there is. So, I say, May the Angels keep my little clan. I love you all!

Comments

Popular Posts