Oh My!

Okay, so what does the stomach flu, severe allergies, a broken dishwasher all have in common? ME! (I capitalized it just in case.) It has been a 48 hour thing that I would so love to bid adieu too. But, that is life and the drive to write about nothing won't allow me to settle down and rest until I have put down words that mean very little to the existence of life. I have playing on a different tab a movie "Speechless". I am not sure I am missing much as I half listen. As I try to follow the story line as well as write, I find that the heavy medication I have partaken of setting in to do it's job. My mind is blank as the movie screams out as loud as a laptop will allow and I wonder what pearls of wisdom I can bestow onto those who carry my name. Blank. Benadryl must be working. I can only think of the sweet "Mamma's Day" that my sweet little family and siblings gave to me. I woke up early as we have church. There waiting for me were presents from each person living within the walls of my castle. It was sweet and each present was indicative of the giver. My eldest had bought two pairs of nice earrings on sale for a buck fifty the day before. She wore one pair to a church dance and then offered both pairs up to me to chose from. Olivia (14 yr) saved and manipulated her father to take her to the faraway mall to purchase said gift. It was a 20.oo lip plumper that I had mentioned in passing weeks earlier by myself. Sam (12) was prouder then spit to offer up the coveted Red bull with dark chocolate. (He knows how to impress the ladies.) Maya (9) had made these sweet felt flower pins that matched perfectly my gray cardie. I later learned that she refused to do it the way her class was instructed as she had her own genius way of making them. (And it was perfect!) My Big Daddy gave me two things I really wanted, FUNKY pj's and ground lights for my tulip filled flower garden.  My sweet sisters got in on the act. One gave me yummy salmon and aspargus to cook up for my special day and the other left a very meaningful message for me! Then off to my brothers house for a lovely dinner. Okay, turning the movie off as I write, stupid movie with naughty words. F.Y.I. Forgo "Speechless" the movie. Anyway, I can feel the medications setting in. Maybe I will bid adieu before I write something really worthless. I just wanted to let the world know that being "mom"  on Mother's Day was about the best darn holiday in the whole darn world. Go and Do.

Comments

Popular Posts