Rain Rain Go Away!

So it has rained and rained consistently here for days and I am starting to wonder if life will ever have sunshine again! Okay, I get that those suffering from all the flooding areas are saying "if your living room isn't under water, count your self lucky charmed."  No my basement isn't water logged but my brain just might be. It is the diochemy of bright tuliped flower beds and green grass with home made soup and rolls and  the monochromatic sky & clouds. I so get sun deprivation. It makes you want to bite a pit bull, eat all the oreos in aisle 9, and/or raid the medicine cabinet for all the baby aspirin you can find in hopes that it will get you through another moody day. That what it is isn't it? It is the sullen moodiness that the weather brings.....almost like sitting in a dark theatre all day watching Jane Eyre.

Next thing on the mind is that never ending question that nags at us from almost the moment we get up (as women folk) "what are we going to make for dinner?" Am I the only one that has grown weary of that quest for food displayed as if it was all meant to be put on plates to make a story of  easy compatibility? As if mocking us that the 4 food groups we display on the plates of our loved ones came together by osmosis and not the frantic search of food pantry, fridge, and store. The rolls, browned to perfection, don't show  that they were brought out early in the day to rise under the constant surveillance of she-woman. The salad with dried strawberry/cranberry berries, almonds-slivered, and feta to create a picture perfect look even Good House Keeping would envy did not just appear but required trips to 3 different stores just to have the ingredients needed. Why is it still raining?
why, with 5 carpools, a lacrosse game 3 towns down, drill practice (take and pick up), art show, girl-get-together (bring a dessert), financial papers to fill out grocery shopping needed baby sitting, and whatever else pops up, am I still sane? Because it is a life of a mother. I won't complain again.

I have things to say but due to the moody weather and the moody mom, I hesitate to write. Nothing worse then to put something in writing without fore thought and a bit of sunshine. This week let's just call it "a wash". Until the sun shines,  there seems to be a ban on my creativeness. I will muddle through this week but know I do it with out sunshine, regard for creativity, or thought of any kind.

Comments

Popular Posts