Crazy Chicken Lady

Is it strange that I sit out on my back lawn at dusk and sing "Feed the Birds" to my five very different chickens? I had lost my dear chicken a week prior but then a friend called a few days later and asked me to take her two due to unforseen housing problems. (My fault...I thought I wish I had a chicken to name Matilda, that night my friend called.) I said yes. They showed up with the said chickens but one was only disguised as a Hen it was really a rooster. So I said no...to the Rooster. I was told by Steve "Okay, put the sign out -The Coop is closed no more vacancies." But new chicken didn't care for my other gals and they weren't friendly to each other. So long story, someone (6 days later) found my Josephina and traded said chicken with friend's chicken. This is chicken life.
I highly suggest watching (if you have Netflix) The History of Chickens. They are the nuttiest crazies ever..... hair blowing their Rooster's feathers after a long languid bath in a Greek pool. Or the "mouth to beak resuscitation" lady.  Or the car with a Rooster head enveloping the whole top of the car. And as I sat there singing off tune and full force "feed the birds, tuppence for me" as my one hen balanced on my shoulder and the other four had nestled down on my lap,  I thought of those crazy people. Man am I glad I am not a nutter! Can you imagine?

Comments

Popular Posts