I……...

I heard a new saying "I can't, I can't, I cannot"! I appreciate the person who shared that with me as it surmises what I feel in some situations. Have you ever done that? Been in a situation, place, relationship (s), work, etc where you just get to the point that you say "can't"? I have found myself to be a person that needs directness. I would rather have someone say "your hideous" then "ah yeah you look fine." There seems that the larger population has the need to be "nice." Ah that word. Nice is helping someone out to their car with their groceries, giving to those who are in need, not judging someone due to them being "different", opening doors for others. That is nice. The Dictionary  claims that nice is "pleasing: agreeable; delightful." It doesn't say be passive, don't speak your mind, ignore as to not to confront.  It doesn't mean say things to others that you wouldn't say directly to the person you are speaking of. I find that by not saying what we want ONLY confuses others. Example: I heard my teenager with her friend downstairs. Daughter was asking what her friend would like to do. Friend kept saying "I don't care whatever you want." BUT you could hear in her voice she really didn't want to do what daughter was suggesting. Daughter reiterated she didn't care or that her feelings would not be hurt if friend didn't want to do said suggestion. YET friend kept insisting she didn't, um, care, really, um. I find we can speak directly it lessens hurt feelings etc. Friend could have said "I don't really want to do that but if you want feel free too." Then daughter could have decided based on that statement if she wanted to go forward with her plans or change them. See directness is a win-win. I myself was put in a strange position a while back. I was in, partially, on a planning committee. A third party had concerns but didn't let me know any of them. There was no direct communication and the left me wondering what, if any, concerns there was. But couldn't make a decision as I had no information to surmise one. Be direct, be clear, and be happy. Go and Do.

Comments

Popular Posts