Running Out and In

 I am back from my "devil-run" walk. I have a few ailments that make walking hard. The kicker is that one of the major remedy is to exercise! So I have been walking the walk of drudgery. But the one motivation is that hated Facebook. Yes, I said Facebook. You know the thing  you sign up for, gather a zillion friends, and then just talk about nonsense? (I am at the Piggley Wiggley today, in line, facebooking that I am at the Piggley in line.) Well, my dear child posted a family picture taken in our backyard. We are smattered around in a little group, some sitting on the anirandacs whilst others sit on the ground. The picture, though conceptually fabo the family together enjoying each other, couldn't be less flattering of me. Motivation to walk. So I chug up the hills listening to my complaining body and picturing the dreaded fb picture. My playlist resonates through my eardrums as I unwittingly  sing out to KC and the Sunshine Band! I peer into the homes that are just awakening for the day and see how many have decorated their world. There are others on the street with me. I can always tell the "professional" work-outters. They always smile or say good morning. The not so pro's look like they are in pain and want nothing to do with you. (I am somewhere in the middle if you must know….not by any means pro but still err on the side of friendly.) I believe I have mentioned the fact that we start out as exercise people in a ratty old tees and some cut offs and then slowly, as we become pro, graduate into the cotton capris and orange sports bra with a "matching" cotton top. Then the real athletes start decking out their wardrobe. (I am still in the cotton phase.) Anyway, I hope by the end of summer to be sphelt, of good health, and glowing the look of health. If that doesn't work I will doctor up that fb picture and call myself good!

Comments

Popular Posts