Wow I am glad that's over.............

HAVE you ever had those weeks were your life seems emotionally overwhelming and you think the world has just gone crazy? And then the week comes to an end and you decide that in actuality your the crazy one not everybody else? I use to jest that the world outside my door is full of nutters and that I am the only sane one. And the jest would follow that "wouldn't it be surprising to find out that I am indeed the loony one and no one else is." I have decided just today I am just such the person who doesn't realize she is the insane one. I have a "situation" in my life where some others hold a general belief that I think one way despite me contradicting them at every turn. I have spent many of life's precious moments  offered up to me in attempting at persuading others what is the depth of my real feelings toward this certain belief but to absolutely no avail! I have reconciled over pasta, with loads of cheese, that indeed I must be wacky. I honestly feel like I have just lived in a science fiction movie. I am the fun wacky redhead that starts to believe that aliens have infected some of those around me. ONLY to find out that I am actually the alien. End of rant.

So, I had to use this analogy today explaining to my hub why I have the need to eliminate some things from my life. Sometimes life can seem like you are journeying up a hill with a back pack. Parts of the journey of the climb is easy. (Life is easy and good.) But then something happens. We will say a child gets sick. If that happens then it is as if someone put a big rock in your pack. But your okay you can handle it. But then comes along the hospital bills...more rocks....family suspect of your decisions...more rocks. Until you begin to believe that backpack is so heavy you will never make it to the top of the mountain. It can be with any trial. Often the trial is a big rock someone chucked into your bag without you even noticing! But then it is all the other things that cascade from that trial that are added to your burden. And then if you have trials in more then just one area of your life..........forget about it!!! You are a sweating pig that has no real chance of making it up the next hill let alone the top of the mount. So I have had to consciously decide that my backpack is too heavy and what, if anything, can be removed. I believe sometimes we get to stop and eject some of those rocks that we still maintain control over. The others we will just have to hold onto and endure. So today, I cleaned out my pack as much as I could. Here's to cleaning out rocks and eating high carbs with ooodles of cheese.!

Comments

Popular Posts