Wow

My great plans to wow you over with my new insightfulness that I magically found over the Summer break has come to a crashing halt! I arose this very morn at 4:oo a.m. to shuffle off to my new found sort of but not really but really job that I love. I then left to pick up one small child at home to drive her to another city for her school assessment only to fall asleep in a chair waiting for her.  (No dribble thank goodness!) After an hour I was kindly told that the assessment will indeed take 2 hours in which no one, NO ONE, had told me so off I run to pick up another carpool back home that I am already late for. Then bread store, craft store (a trinket for a friend) and rushing through traffic to pick up said child in the other city. Then off to Walmart to spend the family's fortune on a few items of nourishment (okay Stouffers Mac and Cheese-so sue me!) and some inexpensive but nice looking clothing for my  younger brood. My young-carry-on-the-family-namer has decided to grow and to grow rather quickly. And thus the outcome is that his jeans end above his ankles (yes nerd like) and his shirts show off his fuzzy infested belly button. Clearly he needs new duds and maybe a shower? I then come home and have a decision to make. Do I do dishes, bathrooms, chicken care, my peeps care or go lay down and watch a mindless show. (Hint: my dishes aren't done.) So now I have to make chili for back to school day tomorrow, arise and work early just to jut off to carpool pick up and chili drop off. My Maya said today as she was my companion on the long haul of errands. She said "Mama, isn't funny how mommies can't wait for school to get out so they don't have to carpool anymore and then summer comes and they have all these carpools to run every day all day. I bet you wish you could just drop us off at school and have the day to yourself and the pick us up instead of running us everywhere all day." "No" I assured her " I would much rather have you home and run you all day long!" So no wow today just a shout out of gratitude for work, for children, for home and even for summer carpool. Go & Do.

Comments

Popular Posts