Mirror, Mirror, Mirror Hanging On That Wall…….

Looking into that proverbial mirror is painful. It's not as painful when you (or I) are looking at it regarding someone else, that seems to be an easy task. But looking at myself I have found not so easy.


This is were I am going to wobble between "tenses" even though I have had to look deep into that mirror several times and sometimes more then once in a day's time, what spurns my thoughts on are those intense communications with people (other then myself) all this week that bring my thoughts here today. I was at a gathering of women a mere few days before and one gal spoke on how her fear of being alone propelled her to stay in a "unworthy" relationship. Our fears build excuses for us easily don't they? (Hey, I am one of those…..okay we all are like that as it is our natural defense against things that cause us discomfort.) I am sure it is steeped into our genetics to create fears and phobias as a way to protect ourselves from our unfounded apprehension of impending rejection, perceived unworthiness,  baseless anxiety of failing, perception of inadequacies. I have found gazing into that mirror of why we REALLY do things may help us to envision a different improved way of handling things. Thus creating a new outcome. In simpler words "If it is broke then stop doing it!" I have found in the last little while that there are many who serve up their little phobias before they serve others including themselves. I know one such gal who requires herself to serve her fears before husband, children, co-workers, friends. The imaginary safety she gets from that somehow means more to her then the invariable LOSS of relationships that are the natural result of her actions.  Can we just say double toothpick "heck" with our fears, phobias, anxieties, pridefulness, unworthiness issues and embrace whatever comes from that be it good or be it bad? It's  really okay that someone has the upper hand, it genuinely will be fine if you reach out and he/she rejects you, failure IS PART of success, you ARE NOT less because someone else is more!!!  Use a little Windex and then take a good look into that mirror mirror on that wall and see if you can perceive something different for your life today.  Go & Do. Yeah, I mean it! go and DO!!!!

Comments

Popular Posts