So I AM SURE I HAVE SHARED

 I am sure I have shared this before but here we go again, something old is new again. I have a friend struggling with a particular trial in her life. She shared that she wasn't sure she could maintain at a level of faith, trust, love, etc, etc now that the trial was coming to an end. She was feeling stressed that maybe she wasn't doing enough even now! (I get that it is like deprivation of finances during a lay-off but then once you get a new job there is still residue of emotional stress etc that went with the layoff….got it?) 
I shared a story with her:


"My little Olivia was about 4 years old and had been so industrious to pull a nose off her teddy bear. She then preceded to put the Teddy's nose into her own thus getting it stuck. As she tried with her little hands to remove thus object from her nose it got shoved deeper and further up her nose until it was almost to her eyes. I realized that with 3  young children plus Olivia in pain and crying that I needed help. I calmly called my dad and asked him to come over and then cuddled and comforted my little scared girl. The door knocked and I opened the door to my father. I all of a sudden burst into tears and could hardly contain my emotions. I knew I had to be strong until helped arrived but once that help was there I fell into a complete puddle of emotional relief, fear, etc." Sometimes trials are like that. We are strong and capable until the situation no longer requires our strength. It is when help knocks at  your door that you can let it all out/ let it all down and take a break. So next time you feel like you aren't holding up your end of the bargain during a "trial" take a good look. Maybe it is just that the calvary has arrived on your front stoop and you are taking a "breather". go&do.

Comments

Popular Posts