Uugh! Little boys and puppy dog tails

Am I really a dog owner once again? Really? Boy George, did mama never, never,never told me this is how life is. Horribly trying and deliciously wonderful all rolled up in a day. My boy. My offspring. Our only namesake took years to convince me he needed a dog. Two days ago, amongst promises of this is the only ONLY ONLY gift I want, we rescued a dog at the pound. We slapped a name on him, Barley, and gave him a good wash and presented him to the offspring. The boy has found nirvana. I have found a place of overwhelm-it-ness. But we do it for our children don't we. We give up so much so that they can have. We do it willingly and happily most of the time. I look at those faces with so much hope that I will see them on visiting day when I am elderly and decrepit. If not I better do a better job of martyrdom. I give and I give.....that sort of martyrdom. But I did get a beautiful email card from my child today. She expressed her love an appreciation on this special day of mine....my birthday. Right month, wrong day. But she thought of me and that is priceless. So I rescue dogs and become a martyr occasionally but I look at my life, on this non-birthday birthday, and think that mama never told me about this. But I probably wouldn't have believed her if she did. Go and do....and wish me a non birthday wish!

Comments

Popular Posts