Hurst ?

I had a moment last night that was , frankly, bizarre. We are driving home, story about that later, and I noticed a Hurst on the freeway. I am not sure if I have ever seen that site of a Hurst on a freeway before. As we approach the Hurst in question,  I realized that there was a flower arrangement peeking out the back window indicating there was a coffin in the back. Moments later it hits me that the Hurst is in the Carpool-lane!" And there is only the driver…..he is using the coffin as his carpool passenger! See, we are even useful when we are dead. Food for thought.

Now, my adventures in "holding" out for the right thing. I have an empty space….in my living room. It was craving a chair. I searched and searched for a perfect chair that would be just what I wanted and of course costing next to nothing!! After weeks and weeks of searching I found one listed on our local classifieds. I found a $600.00 chair for $75.00. (That was not specified until after I bought it!)  And it is  beautiful/amazing/timeless. But, I almost gave it up. It was a ways a way from my home, it would take gas, the picture wasn't exactly appealing, the colors could be what I wanted but cannot tell via the photo. Yada, Yada, Yada….A zillion and one reasons flew through my brain as to why I should just "bale on it" on all the effort it would be to drive there and what if it ISN'T what I want? Then I just wasted a trip for nothing. But  I didn't heed those devilish promptings and guess what………. the chair is absolutely better then anything I had even conjured up in my mind for that particular blank spot in my formal Living Room. Sometimes we do that in life. We conjure up logical reasons why we should not do something to fill that "empty space." The reasons are logical and sound. But they, in the end, do not fill up the space we want to so desperately fill.  ENOUGH SAID.

Okay, maybe not enough said. Every time I will look at the chair, I will remember that I almost didn't get it due to my self talk. Now enough said.

Go and DOOOOOOOOO!

Comments

Popular Posts