So..

I think alot about what to write and put out in the world. Oh, yeah, I have encountered all the things you have. I have seen marriages fall apart, family fall out, addictions, temptations, remorse, worn out, wishing for something different. But I also have seen the good. We have newspapers, books, computers, iPhone, music to tell us all  the bad things. I just don't want to put that out in the world. There is enough. But I love this new Taylor Swift song about "People throw rocks at things that shine"! It is so true, isn't it? When we attempt to live our "authentic" life there is always a critic. Someone in our life has some comment to tear you down. Even if it isn't "meant" that way. I see my sweet teens struggle to be who they really are and what they "think" others want them to be. It is not an easy task to be what your meant to be, because others don't want you to be it. Plain and simple. It is hard to embrace the things your really want when it doesn't go with the flow of what others expect of you. To heck with them. We aren't meant to be perfect in anything we do. The issue is once we have decided we are perfected in something there comes a smugness to our accomplishment. We want to look good to others so we become prideful and do not attempt to explain how hard it was to  obtain and to maintain!!

I don't know. A few ramblings before work. Work hard, be proud, be who you are and not what others want you to do. Nothing deep. Just a passing thought. Go and do.

Comments

Popular Posts