Life and Mommyhood

My dear friend is bidding adieu to her eldest tomorrow with many a tear and some sadness that has no comfort to it. The elder one is leaving for college and even though it is a mere 20 minutes away from the nest it represents the beginning of the end as far as the little-in-my-house-intact family that the mommy has grown accustomed to. I dread that day. The look in my dear friends' eyes mirror what mine will look like in exactly one year. It is the un-endurable sadness of saying goodbye to the part of motherhood that is ever so fulfilling if embraced correctly. It is the proverbial sand slipping through ones' fingers without being able to grasp onto anything of substance. It is the need to covet every minute with these wee ones that I can.  It is controlling resentment toward anything or anyone that takes my attention or time away from these little chicks that are so dearly loved.  I dread that my life as a "Mother Hen" is on the down side. It has come too quickly. If  you do it right raising these people become so fulfilling that nothing else compares. I have come to realize in my own life that I am so filled by the love and relationships of my little peeps (and of course their dad) that I am so fulfilled that I do not seek out others for anything I am not already receiving at home. It is a beautiful thing that I have. And it is slipping away like sand. Quickly. So this year I will covet time as a family, demand one on one time with my chicks, and preach about loving those in your life right now for they may decide to graduate next year and leave your nest for one of their own. RRR-rump! Go and Do….just not until next year!

Comments

Popular Posts