The Strength of Women, The Strength Self

The strength we have as women (or person….to my one man reader!) is extraordinary! The problem is that we just don't see it. "I AM" is such a powerful statement, one in which we use daily in our self talk. But it is usually followed by a negative. Examples are "I am so stupid for doing that" "I am fat" "I am unable to afford that" all those statements  go out to the world and turn into a belief. Have you ever had someone say something to you over and over regarding something you don't feel or think? Then you find yourself believing it to be truth because you have heard it so much. We were in a meeting the other day and the person conducting it initially started out explaining that some paper work wasn't done but we could go over it anyway and then get a completed copy later. Made sense. I was fine with that. By mid meeting she had re-stated it in one hundred million ways that the paperwork wasn't completed that I started to think she was disorganized and didn't know what she was doing.  Or people will say things regarding their body such as "I hate my thighs" or "I hate my nose" or "I am so fat" and then you start examining that body part and start to think"Um, maybe she is right?" We are better then that! We have strength. We have power. If our thoughts are so powerful to create belief systems for others (look at Hitler!) it-begs-to-differ that we are powerful enough to change our vocabulary! How about using "I am usually smarter then that!" "I am losing weight!" or "I will have enough money when the need/want is there?"

I work at a place were body image is raw. Meaning it has swimsuits and women are very conscientious about stripping down to one piece of material and then walking out to a beach full of smexy 18 year olds! I was telling clients, when they had fitting issues, "I am a fluffy ----(size) and this skirt covers me well". (I don't use the real size as I am no longer willing to do that.)  I now say "I like this skirt because it is in my comfort zone."  Do you see the difference? One is reconfirming a number and sending it out to the world to believe. The other is a true statement without taking away from the power of my self confidence!

Let us face it, we self talk ourselves down. And I know many of you have husbands who do that. Many have husbands underemployed, unemployed, working below their potential. You can see the demise of their worth when they have lost the job of all jobs! Their spirits are dragging. Their tempers may be a bit prickly. Their decision making is maybe needing improvement. These times have offered us a look at the change that a negative self talk can do to a person.

STOP DOING IT! Change right now. I AM……………with a positive! Start today no matter how dire your situation is. "I am capable of enduring this" / "I am ready to change" / "I am no longer willing to hide my strength."    

I AM GOING TO GO AND DO!!    (The End.)

Comments

Popular Posts