Live Life With INTENTION!

Live life with intention is my newest of new mottos. (My number one is still cow-girl up!) But I got this! My life hasn't always been intentional. For example, I love writing a blog. I love that the words (often misspelled , yes, I know) flow at 5:oo in the morning as my hair is in curlers and my teens are fighting over the curling iron. I love putting out in the world my view in a forum that requires no "back talk"! But if you read my past blogs, they were spotty at best. They were limited. I always felt that I was getting to the point or the crescendo and then……….bus!!! Get going, who has their lunch, yada yada! Or a child would interrupt me 7 times to ask questions, and yes you ask, it is the same  child who didn't speak to me the whole hour before I started at the computer. (Child's law, they will need you when you are doing something for yourself and not until then.) I was half committed to my four readers. (smile) I would sit to write and others would garner my attention and I would feel guilty taking this time for me when I am already so busy. But my intention is to write. So now I shew away the littlies, do not give in to guilt, and spend my 10 minutes with you. Intentional. 


My days use to be the biggest fire wins. Now I decide what I want my day to look like. It has been hard. There is guilt of asking too much of others, guilt of taking away someone else's day, guilt of things undone and unfinished. Guilt that my living space may take precedence over other important things when I am already so divided. Guilt that other things have taken over my living space. But when I incorporate intention I can have it all. I have a friend flying into today, a house that has seen better days, a breakfast meeting and a renovating a room today only day. I would, prior, give up the breakfast meeting because that was just for "me". I would spend the day scrubbing like Cinderella so my friend could come into a spotless house but I would be exhausted. 
In the past the house would be in chaos of some sort within a day of said visitor….hey, there are six of us…it gets it share of mess. I would be exhausted and would have missed the friendshipping of the breakfast. And the renovating room would be half way. My intentions are to do all without sacrificing my time, my family's day but still arriving at a conclusion that suits us all. A clean house, maybe not walls touched up, but clean enough you would want to eat here. A renovated room minus the bells and whistles, and a 30 minute breakfast meeting instead of a 2 hour meeting! Intention.  You can choose. Choose to have "intentional  days". Like everything else it is about practicing, not believing you can , but faking you can. Promise in 3 weeks you will find you're having more intentional days then not!
Go and get intentional!!! 

Comments

Popular Posts