Peek my interest……...

There is Facebook and twitter, I.M. , email and a whole slew of interactive (sort of speak) things to do. Now add the completely addicting Pinterest. I have been on it for a long time but it seems to be getting more and more popular. It has ideas on everything from decorating to reading to architecture. I speak of this as it had a really belly chuckle saying and it went something like this: 


"Making raisin oatmeal cookies to look like chocolate chip cookies: no wonder I have trust issues."


Trusting is a two edge sword to some. They see if they trust someone what will happen if that "someone" becomes untrustworthy? It reminds me of when I was a young just married bride. I had gone to lunch with some co-employee gal pals. Our meal, half way done, illicit conversation that only girls can have. It turns to trust. The gals I happen to be lunching with were all across the board. Just married, married with littlies, living with said boyfriend. I was, let us say, a little shocked that their stances were that their men couldn't be trusted all the way and they would not offer their complete trust because, well, they might get "screwed" over.(Sorry for trash talk.) I was appalled at their thinking. I posed to them that how could they have a complete relationship without trusting that person? I then announced the philosophy that I would keep for my life and that is "I trust until they become untrustworthy. But I rather have had a loving complete relationship for that time being and then lose it then to have spent my whole time not embracing that person and losing them anyway." It is like that famous quote that says something to the effect that the sorrow isn't that "it" is ending , the sorrow is not enjoying  it while you had it.
I think we do that too often. Try to manage our friendships/relationships to mold them to what we want. But what we want is often based on fear and insecurity. All relationships should start with some trepidation. We shouldn't purge all our secrets before we completely know someone. BUT we may never know someone if we don't purge a little. Good, worthy relationships will come with time. Some of my deepest friendships came with knowing these friends for a long time before a true "sista" hood existed. Find trustworthy people and trust them. They will prove you right more often then they will prove you wrong.
Go and Trust.,…            p.s. My new made up quote 


"Marry a Mr.Darling not a Peter Pan. Your happily ever after will be much better." 

Comments

Popular Posts