Rock throwing

I love the song that says "People throw rocks at things that shine." It takes my thoughts toward the whole thing of us trying to be the "best of me" but faltering soon after the commitment to be better. I have a post it note at my desk that says "Choose to be Positive". It is a choice. Sometimes we find ourselves living in a Circus! Sometimes our family, friends, co workers, neighbors are straight out of a "Mad Magazine" and we CHOOSE to be negative regarding them. We throw rocks. But sometimes we are the ones getting pinged by rocks. Sometimes we want something more or better.  I will example it: exercise. I need it. I order the Julian workout which can be done in 20 minutes a day. I have an exercise ball. I have the tennis shoes. The need to grow and expand my horizons to include health was in spades and I ordered all the things to make it successful. Then, I had to work long hours. Then it was too cold outside to exercise in my basement.(Doesn't make sense, I know, but it was a great excuse.)
Now my "new beginnings" looks like a dusty dvd, a ball used to throw around the basement, and tennis shoes that haven't seen the light of day since summer. 

We should stop throwing rocks, okay we can't always, but quit throwing them at others but also stop chucking them at ourselves. We can try to do better and let the past be just that, the past. And if we are succeeding , just know that others will try to get you off your path. Others don't like success and change.

Remember, no matter WHAT you think, your not alone.
Go and SHINE!



Comments

Popular Posts