So what happens when your son is told on for being disrespectful in class? I have no tolerance for any mis behaving when it comes to respect and respect in the classroom. Do you? I have a standard that civility must meet as we as a society are losing on that front. I have none negotiable boundaries when it comes to be respectful to those in authority. I mean about that dad who found on fb his daughters rantings of how horrible he was….he was just like most parents, doing his best….so he shot the lap top to useless and civility was returned. I love free expressions from others and encourage embracing the true you. BUT it has to be tempered with civility. We cannot and must not mistreat those who serve us. I know a person who , okay it is funny, calls servers "those people". I laugh as I know she embraces that even if there is payment made, those people are working and trying to get by.  Be civil, expect it, act it! I , long ago, adopted a manner of reading name tags and calling those by their given names. So when at the Piggly Wiggley I thank Erma for ringing up my groceries and little John Jr for taking my groceries to the car.
I thank my servers for the meals that were set on my plate and the water that was refreshed. Hey, I didn't have to do it…so I give them gratitude! I thank those who drop off cookies just because or the gentleman who opened the door for me. I thank the gal that gave me the "last bit of ribbon" for free as there wasn't enough to charge me for. I love service rendered and so I give gratitude. Now my boy, after his life lasting lecture about being a miscreant, will also give gratitude. . . . gratitude for school room and teacher he has because it means there is another place to go besides his room for the next seems-like-a-lifetime period.
Go and say thanks! (And don't be a miscreant!)

Comments

Popular Posts