Blogging and Sunday

Blogging on Sundays, isn't normally what I do, it is for me, a day of worship. But I felt like I wanted to share how "intentional living" is a mind set and if you choose to have your life look differently, you can. It is hard, yes. Yet, I have found that since I opted to think differently then what was my normal patterns of thinking, my life has changed in just a mere 3 weeks. I have been able to improve on my homestead, change my hair drastically to suit the next 20 years and am a part of a movement of "women power" via smittenby.net. (I am a contributing author!) Yet, as I have mentioned, it doesn't come easy. During this time I as told I am not a good candidate for eye surgery, I sold my beloved chickens, Hub's work didn't process the right paperwork and his paycheck was delayed by four weeks!
(Thank goodness for brother and sister-in-law!) I had a friend come stay for a week and family in town with sister's birthday! Won't even mention the hub and family and their needs! I am here to tell you that my old pattern of thinking would have overwhelmed me. How can a friend come when I have no money? Am I ready to change my looks so drastically? What if I cannot write like the other authors? Those were the old thoughts, they were comfortable to me. They caused me stress. They came automatic. They were familiar. But when it was announced that we had $50.oo to last us 4 weeks, I said "it will be fine." And it was. When my dearest friend came to visit during that time, I said "it will all work out." And it was so fun and I didn't spend money on anything that wasn't "what I really, really wanted." My hair, drastic and yet better suited for me then anything I have had in the past. (My littlest answered my question of "Do you like it?" with this little quip,"Well, mom, I like it. But you don't look like a mom any more, you look more like a neighbor.") 


Intentional living is a hard habit to acquire, no doubt. But it is a habit that will serve you well.  Go and be intentional…atlas, just for a week to try it out!
(Hey, and if you like me enough…choose to "follow" my blog! My thanks to you!)

Comments

the coltons said…
so let's see the big hair reveal! i'm dying to see it :)
Rivmama said…
Darn children that I love BROKE my camera! (As a family that embraces photography I know you feel my pain!)

Popular Posts