The Hunger Games Hangover...

The Hunger Games Hangover has hit our house! Oh, one would imagine that it means me standing in a line that wraps around the corner at the Movie Theatre with 5 or so of my besties, complete with multi candy contraband in my over sized handbag waiting to see the much anticipated release of the "Hunger Games". One would assume that is what I meant only because I have read the series twice and find pleasure in it each time and have already chosen a team…team PEETA if you asking! But no, it was motherhood that gave me the so-called hangover. My sweet daughter beans got ask to go to the midnight showing of the movie with 5 of her besties and a chaperon. Of course what does that mean for me? Waiting up until the wee hours of the morning for her to arrive home. (Okay I was resting my eyes a bit! Don't judge.) Once the little darling arrived home, I finally arrived at "Sand Man" land enjoying a deep much anticipated sleep. That was until I was startled out of my slumber by a shout "mom, how do you spell premier?" Cute little gal was on Face Book, reliving the experience for all her friends.  That's when the loud voice made an appearance telling Beans to get to bed if she ever hopes to do this again or ever hopes to have a mother that isn't sleep deprived. (Oh, we all know what that translates too, no sleep, mean mom.) Momma Riv can only allow so much fun for others at her own expense for so long. But this isn't going to be the only Hunger Games Hangover. I am investing my hard earned money into stow-away candy and a comfy theatre seat right up front! (Besties optional.) 

Go and see the Hunger Games…I will!

Comments

Popular Posts