Mirror, Mirror, Mirror Hanging On That Wall…….

Looking into that  PROVERBIAL MIRROR is painful. It's not as painful, I have found, when you (or I) are looking at it regarding someone else, that seems to be an easy task. But looking at myself in that reflection,  I have found... not always so easy.


This is where I am going to wobble between "tenses, forgive?  I have had to look deep into that mirror several times and oft times more then once in a day's time!! ( What spurns my thoughts on are some intense communications with others that bring my thoughts here today.) I was at a gathering of women the other day and one gal spoke on how her fear of being alone propelled her to stay in a "unworthy", "unhealthy", "unhappy" relationship. Our fears build excuses for us easily don't they? (Hey, I am one of those…..okay we all are like that as it is our natural defense against things that cause us great discomfort.) I am sure it is steep into our sub conscious that if it is uncomfortable we can refuse to look at it, surrounded by enough excuses to block our vision to see the truth.  (A left over survival technique from our ancestors?)


WHY do we avoid criticism? I have found that a great way to deal with that is to put your spectacles on and see what is being said, look at who is saying it, look at the intent and then look in the mirror to see the truth. Sometimes, I have found the criticism is simply untrue spurned on by a person whose intent is to hurt or discredit, sometimes I realize it is true, spoken by someone who loves and wants what is best for me.  INTENTIONAL REVOLUTION-It is to look in the mirror and see ONLY truth (not someone else's truth) and then create a way in order to be the person you want to be. 


Don't avoid the mirror, look deep into it and see truth. And then give yourself some chocolates! Go and Do.

Comments

Popular Posts