Obsession of A Non Decorator Decorator

Obsession of a Non-Decorator Decorator is about to be admitted too. I have a bit of OCD when it comes to plenty of time on my hands and a home to decorate! I have , in just a mere few days, put the finishing touches on 2 rooms with visions of grandeur for the remaining others. Fortunately I have plenty of time on my hands, unfortunately the "money without end" isn't so accessible now. With four chicks in plays or performances and all that goes on with that including cost for a various things and they all insist on growing and wanting to be fed! So next paycheck has curtains written all over it! Unless we decide to help with Prom, Efy, soccer, etc. Darn those hooligans wanting a life that doesn't include curtains.

I have taken this week, which is probably apparent to you all, and have indulged in decorating, reading, sleeping, play watching. (Yes, my son was an Adonis Youth in the 7th grade Shakespearean knock off!) How proud a mother can be of a son who looks completely  bored throughout the play until his one line, "Kill him with a banana!" is needed. (Don't ask.) He is super cute in his darken eyebrows and rosy cheeks (and Peter Pan type hat and custom) and look of distress for 1 hour and 45 minutes.

Sometimes, we have to do things that are good for us but not necessarily comfortable for us. We all encounter those things, eh? I had a conversation with a "circle of love person" who asked about standing her ground with someone. I told her it is our human nature to (as predators do)  "want to pee on the ground to mark their territories." We want to have power over others or want to deem ourselves important. So we get aggressive to show that we have the "power". My counsel was to do something that is foreign to us. Use the following words:

1. I am hoping for…
2. I was wondering if you would be willing…
3. I had a vision that things would be this way…
4. I am wanting…can you help me achieve this?

My friend bristled at the thought that she had to yield to someone else but when told that this is often a way to get the very thing wanted, she understood. Often we think we want to feel the need to be "bigger" then others or a need to be more "powerful" OVER others when what we truly want is cooperation to fulfill our desired outcome and the desire to have them help us to that "destination". Be kind to others as you mama always use to say "You get more flies with honey" meaning you will get more from your life by being kind then by being right. Go and do…see a play!

Comments

Popular Posts