Time Change Challenge...

Time Change Challenge…who thought up this clever idea? I saw someone on FB say that

Whoever thought up the time change obviously never had children!


I am not sure why in the world we change our clocks twice a year to either move forward (losing an hour, the agony!) or move the clock back (thus gaining an hour, the celebration!). It happens all over the world. We either "Spring Forward" or "Spring back" depending on the time of the year!


Apparently, if you look at the link above, Ben Franklin was the first to suggest the Daylight Saving Time. It sort of started as a way to save time in the morning for farmers and then went to the idea of how much energy is saved by not getting up while it is dark. Etc, Etc. Leave it to the men to take years and years to decide on something that really doesn't serve me! (Just kidding guys! sort of.)

I have found that I can barely get up because what was  5:30 is now 4:30 a.m. Not me. Not good. Tired. Whaaa.
But, like you, I will struggle and then one morn I will realize that it doesn't effect me any longer and the 5:30 is 5:30. Isn't it ironic though how we can gain an hour and within a day's time you feel like you really didn't gain anything. There has to be a parable in there somewhere.  Well, as boring as this is, it is all I have to offer. I contemplated hard whether that few extra moments of sleep would be better then blogging. Couldn't decide so laid there contemplating some more and some more. Now all I can think of is "darn" whoever thought up taking an hour away from me…did I even have any to spare? Go and do and read that link about time change…it is interesting! 



Comments

Popular Posts