Borrowed Sorrow...

Borrowed Sorrow…wow there is enough to go around and so if I am ever short, I just need to call on someone else if I am out and they have plenty to share. Yes, the world is full of infidelity, job loss, sickness, financial concerns, worries for the children in our lives. I see children lost because of divorce/parents and searching for love in drugs, sex, and rock and roll.  I see a friend struggling with infidelity that she just found out about and she has several small children to care for while saving her family unit. Another gal pal is struggling with health issues so severe she has to have fluids pumped into her! I know of a man who is broken because his plate of trials keeps getting heaped upon and he can’t, can’t, cannot do it anymore! I have seen a mother with mental issues struggle to create a life that is far beyond her control or capacities. I know of a mother struggling with a child who has had some “bad stuff” heaped upon her. I know of a family struggling to take advantage of the “system” because of their sense of entitlement due to an accident.


BUT some of these men/women have faced their trials with grace and determination to have the exact “intentional” life they want even though the waves of life have crashed over them. I compare and I see that there are others, then myself or family, that have true trials that are deep and sore. They cut the very soul and bring them to their knees, begging for mercy. The difference between all of these brothers and sisters of my world is “their intentions”. I have seen some sink to the low-of-lows as they carry a back pack full of trials and stumble and fall, physically, emotionally, and mentally.  And then there are the others. They stand tall in their worries. They hold true that no matter what has happened in their lives, they realize that the trial doesn’t define who they are OR take away from who they are!!! 


I heard a talk about someone who encountered infidelity in her marriage. She said that the action of her husband did NOT deduct from who she was as a person. That she was still the “person” she knew herself to be and that hubby’s actions deducted from his stature but not from hers. 


It is attitude. It is intention. I love the lesson learned by me that my trials do not define or regulate who I am. Freedom to know who I am and freedom to be who I am instead defining myself by what my trials try to dictate or change. In the words of a famous spinach eating sailor (Popeye) “I yam what I yam!


I am learning. My budget dictates the need to save. But my sweet eldest was the lead in a play. Between daddy seeing her play  all 6 times and me seeing it 3xs plus kidlets, we spent about $150.oo in tickets alone. (Yeah, prom and 18th birthday is in 3 weeks!) My budget feels sad. BUT our intentions were that our girl knew we (daddy especially) are always there for her! Can I say that our intentions were to support  her totally in the play. And we are to give her a wonderful last prom. So our budget will just have to meet our expectations. And we lived happily ever after.


Rise up and be who you are. Those things  that hold you back are firmly chained to you. You are going to have to rip off those chains to rise above. Hard, yes, very hard. But oh so worth it when you do it. Don’t let trials define you…yes there are days you get to say mean things about those who did you wrong and days were pj’s are required from dawn till dusk. Eating chocolate and hiding behind a book okay. But then get up and rise above. You can be who you are DESPITE ANY ONE AND EVERYONE!


DECIDE TODAY TO GO AND DO...

Comments

Popular Posts