End of Spring Break

So, Spring Break is over. That is 7 whole days of four children, out of school, wondering how you, as a parent, will  entertain them! It use to be easy. WE would walk to the local gas station for dollar treats and vibrant colored slurpees with extra long straws. Then off to the park, I with a good book and a hard park  bench, and they free to rowdy it up for an hour or so. Once the sun became to hot then it was off to home to a Pixar movie and popcorn (home-popped ofcourse). After the theatre experience then the sprinklers  where turned on while I furiously cleaned the house. The windows were all opened  (I have 22 windows, small home, lot’s of windows) as I scrubbed my abode and listened to the sounds of laughter that only small children can offer. I thought they would never grow up. I wished they would never grow up. But they did.  Now the Seven Days of “can you take me here?” , “do you have some money I can borrow?”, “sleep, isn’t that what day is for?” has become the phrases often spoken. Gone are the slurpees,  unless I am paying for them and a friend to go! Gone are the park days unless they are taking my camera for a photo shoot with their bestie! Gone are the days of sprinklers unless husband puts them on to water and doesn’t realize I am sitting in a chair on the lawn reading! 

It just goes back to intentional living. LOVE the moment you are in. I loved those days that have past! I never-ever said, “Cannot wait until they go back to school!” (NEVER! Well, maybe twice this week only-I was tapped out of $, time, energy and didn’t mean it- but never before that!) You don’t have to be a mom to hear what I am saying! Look at your life and see what you regret not doing and then decide if you would like to change it. The great thing is that it is never too late for change! I have heard of a 93 year old woman going back to College! Think of things you want in your life and make even a small change. I have never regretted NOT SAYING  “I wish they would go back to school!” But , being where I am now, I would have huge regrets if I had said it! 

It is never too late to change relationships, life, attitude! Go and Do with a new attitude!

Cheers!

Comments

Della Marie said…
I read your post on Smitten By and loved it so I came to visit you here. I love this perpsective on motherhood that you shared. My little one is still very young and sometimes I wish for him to be older...but I know I will miss this time when it is gone. You are right, we will always be happy and have few regrets if we can learn to love the moment we are in.
Rivmama said…
Thank you for your kind comments! It is so true that if we can live in the moment then we have little regrets!
Give that little a hug for me!

Popular Posts