Pinning...Interest

Pinning Interest or Pinterest as it is well known for. I took the challenge given to me by a co-worker. Whilst pinning away all the things I “hope to do one day” , the challenge was DO some of the things that I have “pinned”. So far so good. Made glow in the dark jars, a pallet wall, and a scarf out of a dress. (That particular one, my friends was pure disaster.) But I am trying as a previous blog encouraged you, this one will too, do a Pinterest that you have pinned.


So the whole theme for me this year is be Intentional, right? So we decided housing is down, building a home is cheaper, and maybe-oh-just-maybe we should be looking at other options for a living abode. Our house is great, don’t get me wrong. Our neighbors lovely. We just are at that stage where children are gettin’ grown and maybe we should look elsewhere for a home with everything on one floor. (We actually get the moving bug every few years or so, but this time it is because of our shrinking family, stairs, and ready to have project to work on.)
But like the zillion other times we have tried to move, our house won’t let us. We have a great mortgage, tens years of Pinterest projects (before Pinterest ever existed) and a yard that is growing into it’s self. And what I would get is the same mortgage but less house, no yard done, etc etc. So, I started looking at my living space with a new eye. If I am staying here forever, which it seems I am, what do I want to change? What  paint do I want, does that closet need all that stuff in it? etc, etc. I have loaded up the van-go with treasures for the local thrift shop, have thrown out offspring's dried up corsages from dances, thrown out curtains that have faded due to the hot sun, and have disassembled my wardrobe only to keep those things I like. (I may have to go naked half the time as I didn’t really care for most of my wardrobe. Sad face.) 


I bring this to your attention due to lack of anything else to write about but also to share the feeling of freedom. I am not a crap-keeper by trade. I think of myself as a thrower-outter. BUT I have realized that I need to be more. Give it away so someone who can really enjoy it, stop managing things and let others have it. Throw it out! Get new, get what you want, be intentional. Yeah!


Go and Do.

Comments

Popular Posts